A general rule for launchpad ubuntu loco teams display name?

Efrain Valles effie-jayx at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 6 16:11:32 BST 2009

Hey,

I definetelly feel your pain, I was one of the people in charge of
populating that team and name inconsistency made it extremely painfull
for us to find out what is what.

I do believe your proposal is interesting but the naming standard has
allowed people from other countries to express their name to reflect
their true local spirit.

In my opinion, the most important thing is the ubuntu-(country iso code)
whenever possible in all ubuntu listing. the naming inconsistency in my
opinion is something that makes the teams unique. some pople like to
call themselves differently and that is perfectly fine as long as people
can find them with their respective iso code.

for example the ubuntu-ve team refers to it as a "fraternidad Ubuntu de
Venezula", and it has had that name long before the LoCo team project
started. a name that has stayed with us even though we also reffer to
the team in many different ways. "Ubuntu Venezuela","Ubuntu Venezuela
Team", "Ubuntu LoCo Team Venezuela" or simply "ubuntu-ve". In our case
it is not easy, because we want to keep it simple for new commers, and
mostly the ubuntu-ve works fine.

this is a very good topic to discuss and I would like to know the
different views from different parts of the world.

--
Efrain Valles
https://launchpad.net/~effie-jayx