Shipping Karmic CDs for LoCo teams

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:14:10 BST 2009

Hey Mauricio,

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 23:48 -0300, Mauricio Peñaloza S. wrote:

> It's very important do not loose the real objective of Ubuntu, is to be
> an alternative as an operative system. We must spent more time teaching
> how to use the Ubuntu system. The effort used delivering the CD's is a
> waste of time if nobody teaches how to install, how to resolve the basic
> configuration problems or where obtain more software for the system.

I'm a little confused, are you asking about the course that we teach
there for the desktop to everyone who gets a computer? Because it
sounded like you might have been complaining that we weren't.

> I invite you to tell us more of your program, sometimes we could give
> you a hand how with less CD's obtain more results.

It's basically a weekly installation, desktop education and basic
support event. 2 hours in the evening. I think one of the guys at
Grassroots called it a clinic, good name.

Martin,