Shipping Karmic CDs for LoCo teams

John Abbott fewclues at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:23:26 BST 2009

Dolev,
    I'm curious about your program for distribution among the poor.  How
do these "poor" have access to computers?  If each is expecting a CD
then each must have a computer to install it on.  I'm trying to get my
head around this idea because I live on the border between Texas and
Mexico and we are surround by genuinely poor people who could really use
computer access for a multitude of reasons.  But none are equipped with
computers and we have been directing them to the Library in Mission TX
where there are numerous Linux based computers available.

    If I can glean some of your concepts I might be able to put them
into effect here as well.

John Abbott, Chairman
Tip of Texas LUG

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 21:56 +0200, Dolev Ravid wrote:

> Alex,
> The "event" is an important program that marketing Ubuntu among poor
> population strata.
>
> Good day
> Dolev Ravid
> The head of the Israeli LoCo team.