Shipping Karmic CDs for LoCo teams

דור דנקנר d.dorda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:17:18 BST 2009

I'm very sad to hear you're going to do so.
few weeks ago out LoCo leader asked for 2000 discs (i agree it's a little to
much) for a very big event, but only 300 discs was sent to him, when it got
in Israel, he was asked to pay fees for the big amount of discs or that
Canonical will choose what to do, and they choose to destroy all the discs.
after many bureaucracy he got the discs, but still it was almost unusable
for the purpose it was supposed to be...

If that is the way i'll get discs from now and on (or anyone in our
country..) i'm not sure anyone will ask to get even one disc..
I just installed on my school Ubuntu, people were amazed to hear that i got
the installation disc absolutely for free. I believe this sending discs for
free is a very important part of the marketing of Ubuntu, and I'm sure there
are many other ways to reduce the number of the orders without limiting the
new users.

I thought about just filtering the orders, for example to send just one disc
of version for address, if someone in the same address will ask for another
disc he will see a message that says that the user X just ordered a disc,
and he may ask from him to use it or just download the image file.

Ddorda.