Help Available For Community Teams

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 21 22:48:39 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:27 PM, John Abbott <fewclues at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to form a group in Mission Texas.  We currently meet as The Tip
> of Texas LUG.
>
> I am the contact for the LUG.

John,

LoCos in the United States are organized on the state level (lucky us,
most are required to be country-wide!), so you'll want to work with
the broader Texas team and perhaps just have a subteam in Mission.
Florida is a nice example of a team with a bunch of subteams - some
release cycles their team ends up having 7 release parties across the
state.

Texas is an interesting case though since before the state-requirement
came about there were a couple city teams which I believe are being
dissolved into the greater team. I'm going to be following up with the
current leaders of areas in Texas to see what the status of the
state-wide team is, you're not the only one working in Texas who wants
some direction :) I'll Cc: you on the email. Thanks for speaking up!

Cheers.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com