[ubuntu-marketing] Reviving the Marketing Team (yet again!) with a focus on simple activism

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:22:12 BST 2009

Hey John,

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 10:46 -0500, John Vilsack wrote:

> It saddens me because Ubuntu is a dominant product that could be so
> much more if the grassroots movement would allow itself to have
> direction.  But after years of infighting in politics and other open
> source products, I didn't have the constitution to go toe to toe with
> the embedded members of our community here who were putting up a
> fight.

Could you identify these people? would it be possible to get a meeting
in IRC and hash out your concerns with an arbitrator/moderator?

I haven't seen much stubborn, I've only seen lack of man power. If only
there was someone to fight, at least that'd be more interesting than the
tumbleweeds.

> My feeling is that the only way this will ever change is with the
> direction of Canonical.  Until that time, we will continue to get our
> collective rears handed to us by companies that have the discipline
> and cohesive message necessary to establish any sort of mainstream
> market awareness or saturation.

Ah, we're not a business, we're a community, it's not exactly the same.
And it's not like we don't have a certain vision, we just don't have a
good leadership for this section of the community.

Martin,