RE: Ubuntu Open Week en español

Diego Turcios diegoturcios at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 19:53:27 BST 2009

Excellent job from José Ernesto Dávila and from you Leandro.

If you need any help, you can count with me

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:58:23 -0600
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Open Week en español
From: leo.telsen en gmail.com
To: loco-contacts en lists.ubuntu.com

2009/10/8 Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab en ubuntu.com>

Leandro Gómez wrote:
> Yes! It’s Ubuntu Open Week in Spanish!

[...]

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NicaraguanTeam/UbuntuOpenWeekCentroAmerica

I am not sure why this is called "CentroAmerica" if it's targeting all
hispanic people ? "Ubuntu: Puertas Abiertas" or something along those
lines would seem more fitting and would have its name in Spanish too.

Thanks for the observation.

It was meant to be "CentralAmerican-centric" at first, but as the idea developed into action we've seen the need to involve hispanic LoCos outside the region.

We'll probably change the name of the event to something like "Semana Ubuntera" or something like that...

It would also be nice to link it from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek - this would probably encourage
other similar initiatives.

Great idea!

Well done Leandro!

Thank you! But as I mentioned, the idea came from José Ernesto Dávila, so all karma and free beer goes to him... :)

--
Fabián Rodríguez
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MagicFab