Re: Ubuntu Open Week en español

Leandro Gómez leo.telsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:58:23 BST 2009

2009/10/8 Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab at ubuntu.com>

> Leandro Gómez wrote:
> > Yes! It’s Ubuntu Open Week in Spanish!
> >
> [...]
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NicaraguanTeam/UbuntuOpenWeekCentroAmerica
>
> I am not sure why this is called "CentroAmerica" if it's targeting all
> hispanic people ? "Ubuntu: Puertas Abiertas" or something along those
> lines would seem more fitting and would have its name in Spanish too.

Thanks for the observation.

It was meant to be "CentralAmerican-centric" at first, but as the idea
developed into action we've seen the need to involve hispanic LoCos outside
the region.

We'll probably change the name of the event to something like "Semana
Ubuntera" or something like that...

> It would also be nice to link it from
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek - this would probably encourage
> other similar initiatives.

Great idea!

> Well done Leandro!

Thank you! But as I mentioned, the idea came from José Ernesto Dávila, so
all karma and free beer goes to him... :)