A Global Ubuntu Release party

Alex Lourie djay.il at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:07:01 BST 2009

Hello LoCo Teams!

With the great success of the Global Jam, it is clear what an amazing
community you all are. I am always amazed to see
all the passion and love poured in by all of you to make the Ubuntu better
and more awesome than it already is. Experiencing
the global Ubuntu community from the photos on Jono's blog and many other
resources is a very exhilarating, and the more I
see such an amazing group of people, the more I want to be a part of it.

With that in mind, I had an idea that I would like to propose here for your
consideration. I imagine taking these photos concept a
bit further and propose a Global Ubuntu Release Party.

I know many of you organize a local release party or participate in one.
That it, there will be an awesome number of teams *around the world*
partying together to celebrate the release of our favorite operating system.
So why not capture these glorious moments? I suggest that a special
channel will be opened on Vimeo/Ustream or any other video streams provider.
Each team, during their party, would record and stream part or all
of their event. And then, about a week after all teams are done partying
(well, I assume that one week would be enough to get everyone back in
shape),
there will be the cool video channel with all the videos from all the teams
around the world about the release event. And if someone would see these in
some sort of collage (and at the same time), then such a person would feel
he's at the Global Release party, with people all around the world!

And maybe Jono and Mark could hop in, and spill on us a bit of their wit and
fun and joy about the release as well.

Please send your feedback on this crazy thought.

Thanks,
Alex.