The new Ubuntu-Drupal Modules

Michael Lustfield mtecknology at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 2 07:12:58 BST 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:06:37 -0700
Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:

> Via Planet Ubuntu, some new shiny Ubuntu-related Drupal modules:
> http://profarius.com/content/ubuntu-drupal-modules-released
>
> This includes a new Drupal theme that looks like a significant
> improvement over the current default Ubuntu Drupal theme, which is
> riddled with ubuntu.com-specific links that do not work on another
> website, and are coded right into the theme so they can't be easily
> removed.
This isn't a brand new development, but we did do a lot to clean in up
in the last couple months. Thanks for taking notice.

> But these nifty Ubuntu-specific modules aren't currently available in
> the Drupal install provided by Canonical... How do we get these
> modules and themes available in the locked-down Drupal installs
> available on the Canonical-supplied LoCo Team hosting? Who needs to be
> bribed, threatened, or grovelled in front of?
I don't really think we have had enough testing on these just yet. I'd
like to see these modules tested and proven stable/complete before
trying to bring these back to Canonical. I'm also going to need to go
through a few security reviews. A couple of these will never make it
into their server because of required resources and downloading new
content.

I'd like to see at a minimum the theme and the header module out there.
I'd also like to see the countdown banner out there as well.

> I'd really like to make Ubuntu Canada's website suck less, and these
> modules would help a lot... if they were available!
[insert: rude joke] :P You just left that way to open.

> Brian Burger
> Webmaster, Ubuntu Canada
> (because nobody else wanted the job!)
  - I know that feeling...

The more testing I can get from the community, the sooner I can start
pushing for security reviews. :)

- - --
Michael Lustfield
Kalliki Software