How easier it is for Lnguage based LoCo Teams to follow 6 months release cycle..

Rafael Carreras rcarreras at ubuntu.cat
Sat Nov 14 21:43:01 GMT 2009

2009/11/14 ramadasan <amachu at ubuntu.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to take the feedback of other LoCo which are more Language
> based like ours - Ubuntu Tamil Team.

Greetings from Catalan LoCo Team, also language based.

> Given the community strength of ours, we find it tough to match six
> month release cycle of Ubuntu. So till we grow to that level where we
> could match Ubuntu normal release cycle period of six months, we are on
> the verge of deciding to go with the LTS cycle of eighteen months.
>
> Would like to take the feedback of other LoCo teams on this account.

Yoy are refering to translations, I guess. We have a separeted
translators team and good translations rates thanks to them.
So, please specify, are you experience problems in the amount of
translations? Are you short of translators? Or is it a problem with
release parties or other events?

--
Rafael Carreras Guillén | gpg.id 2C1AF9C5
http://rcarreras.caliu.cat