Freenode

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Mar 28 22:31:17 GMT 2009

Op zaterdag 28-03-2009 om 10:18 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Grant
Bowman:
> For a one time contribution
> http://freenode.net/pdpc_donations.shtml of as little as $8 you can
> join me in supporting supporting Freenode and the many Open Source
> projects they serve.

<rant>
Why oh why do all open source projects & companies insist on people
using credit cards and exclude users of debet cards?  Debet cards are a
much saner[1] way to handle money transfers than credit cards (remember
that excessive credit card use is one of the things that caused the
current financial & economic crisis).

BTW: yes, Canonical, I'm also looking at you: your online shop does not
accept debet cards (despite advertising Maestro-support, which didn't
work while I do have a Maestro debet card), complicating things
significantly for me when organising the FOSDEM booth this year...[2]
</rant>

[1] You have money? ==> you can buy/donate
    You don't have money? ==> you can't buy/donate

[2] yes, I mailed the Canonical shop months ago, but didn't get an
    answer yet...

--
Jan Claeys