Ubuntu Panama Ask for Advice

Jesper Jarlskov jesper at jarlskov.dk
Wed Mar 25 10:18:17 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Mario Young <mayeco at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello Ubuntu Loco Contacts,
>

> I'm Mario from Ubuntu Panama we need a little help in our decision system.
>
> Before we just ask everybody (like 10 or 20) persons what they
> think/want about something
> make or do something in the team this is the current system, but now
> we have more more
> people in the team and I think is not the best way to make the
> decisions in our team
> is very painfully... so I create a team to do this Ubuntu-Pa Community
> Council
> ( https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-pa-communitycouncil<https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-pa-communitycouncil>), I take the idea from the
> Ubuntu-It Consiglio ( https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-it-consiglio<https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-it-consiglio>)
> that Ubuntu-It use in
> Italy, I just want to make sure if this is a good choice but I think
> is the best... well Ubuntu
> do this way right? ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil ).
>

> Can you please give us an advice of what should we do in our team?
> 1- Ask everybody for everything.
> 2- The Ubuntu Pa Community Council make the decisions (10-15 "elite"
> members).
>

> Thank you,
>
> Mario Young

Hey Mario

In Denmark we have a monthly/twice-monthly IRC-meeting where we discuss and
plan ahead. The people who show up get the right to votes on all the issues
that's up for voting on the agenda. The people who show up gets the right to
vote, and the people who don't show up, don't get the right to vote. :-)

Jesper Jarlskov
Ubuntu-DK