Linux Tour in San Pedro Sula Honduras

Diego Turcios diegoturcios at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:46:43 GMT 2009

Hi Norman
Just writing to say thanks to you and Neville. For all the help we received from both of you last Friday.

Sincerely
Diego and al the Ubuntu Team Honduras

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:33:26 -0600
Subject: Linux Tour in San Pedro Sula Honduras
From: norman.garcia en ubuntu.org.ni
To: loco-contacts en lists.ubuntu.com

Last friday, in UNITEC San Pedro Sula was the Linux Tour San Pedro Sula, organized by the new Ubuntu Honduras Team, I (Ubuntu Nicaraguan LoCo Team Coordinator and Ubuntu Member) was attending this event with the company of Neville Cross (Nicaraguan Fedora Ambassador) helping the new team. We have the visit from 3 high schools, a college that is teaching ubuntu four years ago with excellent results.

We talk about Free Software, what is it, how to help the community, Free Software in
education, .NET in Linux using Mono, and making some demostration of stellarium, blender, gimp, compiz-fussion. how to make live usb. We have a lot of people making questions about Free Software, a lot of young people with interested about using Free Software and Ubuntu.

Some photos in picasa (1)(2)

(1) http://picasaweb.google.com/bladimiroconrrpp/LinuxTourSanPedroSulaNicaragua#
(2) http://picasaweb.google.com/elvira.martinez38/LinuxTour

--