loco-contacts Digest, Vol 46, Issue 4

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Thu Mar 12 05:17:04 GMT 2009

Op woensdag 11-03-2009 om 11:28 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Simón
Ruiz:
> Re: a common language: It's not that the particular language is
> somehow better, or that the other one is bad, or that we're ignorant,
> elitist monoglots, or anything like that; it is simple more useful to
> have one language per list.

Actually, the ubuntu-be list allows 4 languages and at least 3 of them
are used from time to time.

Belgium has 3 official languages (Dutch, French, German) and we use
English as some sort of "lingua franca".  I haven't seen any discussions
in German yet (the German-speaking community being a really small
minority), but the other 3 languages *are* used on our mailing list.

I guess we Belgians are elitist polyglots then...   ;-)

--
Jan Claeys