Sarcasm and making fun of other projects in loco team lists

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 8 16:43:24 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Short of limiting subscriptions, moderating and kicking out the "bad
> apples", what other suggestions would loco teams have about this ?

In your capacity as Admin, I'd try dropping a friendly note off-list
to the offenders about the Code of Conduct and explain that their
behavior is unacceptable and may cause them to be removed from the
list. They may just be ignoring the public reminders if they don't
believe their behavior is out of line.

If that doesn't work, I think it's perfectly reasonable to moderate or
kick out the "bad apples", you say such discussions cause people to
unsubscribe so they are harming the community by causing potential
contributors to leave and possibly souring the experience for those
who decide to stick around.

Good luck,

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2