Sarcasm and making fun of other projects in loco team lists

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:35:32 GMT 2009

Hey Fabian,

> I deeply resent any sarcasm and bad mouthing of other operating systems
> and Linux distributions, particularly any references to them like
> Micro$oft. I strongly believe that's against our CoC and it sets the
> mood for other non-constructive comments and trolls.

Our LoCo has been relativity good about this sort of thing. although
smaller groups are easier to manage. Although keeping a lot of the
internals to people who are actively advocates and not ubuntu users, has
helped keeping things civil.

Although I'd be careful about banning and general punishments. It's not
wrong IMO, to talk about either the technical failures or the political
problems with proprietary software. Obviously using childish terms such
as Micro$oft or Nov-sell[out] should come with strong warnings.

Martin,