LoCo FAQ

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 15 22:58:14 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

One of the documents we have available for our community is the FAQ
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoFAQ). FAQs have been really useful
documents in various distributed communities, and a great example of
this is the C++ FAQ which is one of the biggest online: so much so, they
made it into a book.

I would love to see our FAQ become such a comprehensive document. There
are many benefits to this:

    * When answering LoCo questions on IRC or mailing lists, people can
      be pointed to the same question with an answer. this makes it
      quicker to answer questions. There is little point in repeatedly
      answering the same questions, we may as well just send them to the
      answer in the FAQ.
    * It provides a great one-stop list of many of the questions that
      people have. This means that many may look at the FAQ before
      answering a question.

Right now we have 25 questions in the FAQ: I think together we could
make it so much bigger and more effective! :)

So, I would like to ask everyone here to pass on the following message
to your teams. If you answer a question on IRC or on the mailing list
that does not appear in the FAQ...do go and add it. This will help us
crowd-source growing the document. :)

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon