I have a dream...

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 13 08:11:40 GMT 2009

On 02/12/2009 11:05 PM, Christophe Sauthier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> just a side note : I do think it might be better to use OpenLayers
> with the google maps images. It would be more flexible, more
> evolutive, and top of all it is open sourced...

OpenLayers looks really interesting: do you know if it can do each of
the things I mentioned? Namely: marking entire regions/states/countries
as having teams (shading them a different colour) and also putting push
pins in to indicate where city teams are?
> I have worked a bit with that (we are using it on the french loco
> website, even if it is not yet on production) and I know quite a lot
> of people who are building professional application with it, so of
> course I would be glad to help on that topic like I said at the UDS...

This sounds fantastic: would you be happy to lead getting a map like
this working for the LoCo community?

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon