How can we participate in Global Jam?

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:18:50 BST 2009

Rafael Carreras wrote:
> 2009/8/22 JiHui Choi <jihui.choi at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello, all
>>
>> I'm in Korean Loco Team.
>> I've heard about Global Jam, but I don't have much information.
>>
>> I'd like to introduce it to Korean team members and encourge to participate.
>> Is anyone who help me to understand about Global Jam and to know how I
>> can do for it?
>>
>> Q1. What is the Global Jam?
>> (solved, http://www.jonobacon.org/2008/06/04/ubuntu-global-bug-jam/)
>>
>> Q2. What exactly things do you do in that period?
>> (collecting bug, arragement, and fix them?)
>>

> Yes, that's one of the things, others are testing, documenting and translating.
>

>> Q3. Do you meet in a specific place, or just talk on irc?
>> (I see, both)
>>

> Both would be great, but its great to meet in person with other people. :-)

Can we update the UbuntuGlobalJam wiki page with the answers to these
questions:

1) For IRC, what is the channel that all LoCo members (participating in
the GlobalJam) should join?

2) Do we have a Launchpad "Bug tag" that we should apply the bugs worked
on by a specific LoCo team during this event? This is a way to have a
metric of which LoCo teams touched the most bugs, but unintentionally
may stir up a little healthy competition between LoCo teams as well!

-komputes