How can we participate in Global Jam?

Rafael Carreras rcarreras at ubuntu.cat
Sat Aug 22 13:40:50 BST 2009

2009/8/22 JiHui Choi <jihui.choi at gmail.com>:
> Hello, all
>
> I'm in Korean Loco Team.
> I've heard about Global Jam, but I don't have much information.
>
> I'd like to introduce it to Korean team members and encourge to participate.
> Is anyone who help me to understand about Global Jam and to know how I
> can do for it?
>
> Q1. What is the Global Jam?
> (solved, http://www.jonobacon.org/2008/06/04/ubuntu-global-bug-jam/)
>
> Q2. What exactly things do you do in that period?
> (collecting bug, arragement, and fix them?)

Yes, that's one of the things, others are testing, documenting and translating.

> Q3. Do you meet in a specific place, or just talk on irc?
> (I see, both)

Both would be great, but its great to meet in person with other people. :-)

> Q4. What do we need?
> I have this, but I can't catch the whole process.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams/Bugs?action=show&redirect=RunningBugJam

You need a place to be, with decent internet connexion, some
computers, and great people to share the work. Probably you can find a
place in a University, school or even neighborhood local. Contact the
Korean translation team.

> I already read some documents about Global Jam, but I'm not clear yet.
> Because I'm not used to English and this is the first time. I need some help.

That's the place. Ask what you need.

--
Rafael Carreras Guillén | gpg.id 2C1AF9C5
http://rcarreras.caliu.cat