Elections - through launchpad

Søren Bredlund Caspersen soeren.b.c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:58:25 BST 2009

Hi everyone.

Once a year the Danish team elect our 'board' for the next year. To
make this elections procedure more democratic we would like to have
some sort of anonymous election, instead of just voting directly in
our irc channel. To make things a bit more complicated we would like
every person to be able to cast two votes for two different candidates
(the three persons with the most votes get to be on the board).

I haven't looked into it much, but as far as I can see Launchpad only
supports selecting your choice from a list, not to pick more than one
option.

So my question is, is there a way to go through this process in
Launchpad, or are there other tried and tested options that we are
overlooking. Keep in mind that we want the process to be as
transparent as possible (for everyone to trust the result), and usable
by both the power user and the regular desktop user. We assume that
everyone taking part has a Launchpad account and is a member of our
Danish group.

Cheers
Søren

PS. Diebold is not an option ;)