The Big Release Tomorrow

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 22 23:05:54 BST 2009

Hi All,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce at gmail.com>wrote:

> Many of you are looking forward to the big release tomorrow of Ubuntu
> 9.04, codenamed "Jaunty Jackalope". The servers are going to be slammed,
> including many of the popular mirrors. So, if you want good reliable
> data speeds, I'd recommend hitting up bittorrent. The seeds are already
> populated, and the transfers will likely fill up your connection.
>
> Please spread this through your teams mailing lists and IRC channels.

Thanks for this suggestion, Aaron. I've just passed along your note to the
Ubuntu-Chicago team. I would also suggest encouraging users to follow these
instructions [1] when upgrading from an existing installation of Ubuntu
8.10, and to read the published release notes [2] for any known-issues.
Using the upgrade manager can prevent a lot of problems!  :-)

Thanks,

Jim

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JauntyUpgrades
[2] The release notes aren't out yet. :-(  I'm sure that the release team
will provide a link to the notes when they make the release announcement
tomorrow, though.