LoCo official letterheads and other materials

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue Apr 14 01:56:24 BST 2009

Op dinsdag 14-04-2009 om 08:01 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Nicholas
Ng:
> As an approved LoCo team, can we produce our own LoCo letterhead, name
> cards and other official (inclusive of marketing) materials (that
> contain our LoCo logo, name and may include Ubuntu name as well) for
> official matters such as dealing with our Government and some local
> companies we have situations where they request us to use official
> letterheads when dealing with them.

First of all, tell them they are stupid (well, maybe not tell them that
using those words ;) ) because everybody can make up a letterhead and
claim whatever they want (I once got an SSL certificate from a
"respected" certificate company for a still to be founded company by
making a letterhead using the temporary version of the logo I was
designing for that company-to-be).

Anyway, if you have any doubts, you should read:
<http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy>
... and mail the address listed there if something isn't clear...

Also, maybe some more concrete list of things that a locoteam is or
isn't allowed to do would be useful?

--
Jan Claeys