Ubuntu Panama Ask for Advice

Siegfried-Angel siggi.gevatter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 18:32:23 BST 2009

In the Catalan team we have an IRC meeting every 2 weeks where anyone
can show up and participate. Decisions are made there by voting on IRC
(only team members* can vote, and there must be enough quorum for the
vote to be valid). After a decision has been made team members still
have a certain time lapse to protest against it on the ML and ask for
the votation to be repeated on another medium where *everyone* can
participate (like on Launchpad or something, I don't remember the
details as we have never needed this :)).

* We have a system similar to Ubuntu itself. When someone wants to
become a member he has to list his contributions to the team in a wiki
page and come to the next IRC meeting where all present members can
ask him questions and then vote whether he'll become a member or not.
Members get an @ubuntu.cat address and the right to vote.

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.