Freenode

Michael Lustfield mtecknology at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 1 22:25:52 BST 2009

I donated for the first time last week. I didn't even notice this email
prior to that (forgot to check the box that says this folder receives
mail). I had had this sense that it was finally time for me to donate to
something and that this was it. I did the 15GBP which was just over
20USD. Hope this helps :) - I would have donated more, but I'm still
just a college student that's looking at a second back surgery.

Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/3/28 Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be>:
>> Why oh why do all open source projects & companies insist on people
>> using credit cards and exclude users of debet cards?  Debet cards are a
>> much saner[1] way to handle money transfers than credit cards (remember
>> that excessive credit card use is one of the things that caused the
>> current financial & economic crisis).
>>

> I donated a week or so ago using a debit card.
I debit card is treated exactly like a credit card. See that little VISA
logo on the bottom right? Or whatever you have. The only real difference
is that a credit card is more secure and a debit card lets you enter a
PIN instead of signing, in addition to where the money comes from.

--
Michael Lustfield
Profarius, SD LoCo

Network and Systems Administrator