Sale of codecs

Derick Eisenhardt derick.eisenhardt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 16:32:10 BST 2008

For those of us who live in the US, with all the software patents and
whatnot we have to deal with, it's currently the only true legal venue for
us to receive our codecs. I'm not saying it's right, but it is sadly the
only way for Ubuntu to fully support the multimedia needs of those in
America and other countries with similar copyright/patent laws.

- Derick Eisenhardt
Mississippi LoCo Team