ccHost for LoCos Was: Intrepid Release Parties!

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:54:35 BST 2008

> Of course the best would be to have access to the sources
> (SVG/*SD/ODT) but if that is not possible an image or PDF would do.

Again the idea of shared graphics and media comes up.

I recommend those sitting on the LoCo Council earn their titles and
have a ccHost set up, or something very similar which would be in
launchpad. I know quite a few US teams are interested in the idea, but
it requires hosting and co-ordination. Soemthign with the offical
stamp is much more likely to garner cooperation.

For those who don't know what ccHost is, it's a media sharing CMS
which openclipart.org is founded. It supports lots of collaborative
features including being able to tell people what works your work is
derived from (so you can see the chain of progression).

On a related note: Wouldn't it be nice if the LoCo council set up a
competition, design posters and flyers for the upcoming release... get
some mystical prize. maybe you can get priority on a bug :-P Once you
have something like cchost these sorts of things become possible.

Regards, Martin