ubuntu and ubuntu logo, trademarks and uses

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:22:15 BST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Neil Coetzer <nit006.5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using the existing logo shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't
> change the logo itself. For instance, we had the circle of friends logo
> reshaped to fit the map of our country but this was rejected. I was told
> that provided the logo was unchanged, it was allowed. So you could place
> it on top of your map, or country flag or something like that.

Working within Ubuntu's Trademark Policy restrictions lead me to
developing Ubuntu Canada's logo, which is a) instantly recognizable as
 Canadian, b)recognizably Ubuntu-related and c) fully Trademark
Policy-compliant.

http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada_logo.png

The Ubuntu Australia logo is also great, and inspired my thinking on
Ubuntu Canada logos. Check Ubuntu.AU's wiki page for theirs.

Now, we just need to get Ubuntu Canada's website from "utterly
useless, ugly and busted" back to "actually usable and themed" at some
point...

Brian