ubuntu and ubuntu logo, trademarks and uses

Savvas vicedar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 05:03:29 BST 2008

Hello, I'm one of the founders/team contacts of the Cypriot LoCo team:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CypriotTeam
Since trademarks@ email haven't replied yet, does anyone know if it's
possible to use "Ubuntu" and the Ubuntu logo in the
following:
1) to use it in any apparel we could sell to raise funds
2) to use it in our artworks (loco-related always)
3) to use it in our logo for the local community team
4) to create a non-profit organisation named "Ubuntu cypriot local
community" or "ubuntu cy" or something similar.
(We could get a lot of discounts concerning purchases as a registered
non-profit organization)
5) with (4), to register and get a domain, say "ubuntu.org.cy"
6) should we have a message of some sort while using the logo or "ubuntu"?

Thanks in advance!