loco-contacts Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18

Savvas vicedar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 18:49:21 GMT 2008

> So - for events by date section, my regex is 2008|2009. That was I only
> show something that's happening in this year and next year. It's also
> looks nicer to only have the year bold faced. (Done in regex match)
I see you noticed the "by date" I added - Nice idea to match them by
year too, thanks :)

> Doing it this way also allowed me to not need to apply any regex to my
> past/future events. This give me no bold faced text at all.
Just looked at the events page you created:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SouthDakotaTeam/Events

The regex match is used on purpose, I really don't care about the bold
letters, but I do care about the time it takes it to appear :) Without
the regex it looks through all the pages in the whole ubuntu wiki.

> One thing I would strongly suggest modifying is the category names.
> Instead of CategoryEvents I would suggest CategoryCypriotTeamEvents.
Using the regex it restricts it to your team only, but I guess a
change like that would be more appropriate.
The CategoryEvents is intentional again, in case someone decides to
create that category :)

Already reported: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/300997

> I hope this helps somebody that follows this as well. Longer page load
> time, but SO worth it.
>
> Thanks for coming up with this.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm using this for dates:
<<PageList(category:CategoryEventsByDate regex:^CypriotTeam/Events/200[89])>>
and this for past events:
<<PageList(category:CategoryCypriotTeamPastEvents regex:^CypriotTeam/Events/)>>