Legal entity

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:11:13 BST 2008

> However some have mentioned that Canonical might have a problem with
> this from a legal point of view (trademarks, etc.). So can someone
> 'official' (Jono Bacon?) confirm or deny that?

We (the Hungarian LoCo) resolved this conflict by partnering with
local groups that already are a legal entity (in our case: FSF
Hungary). That's the way we're organizing our conference and other
activities: we ask our sponsors to donate the money to the foundation,
then the foundation pays our expenses (rental costs of the venue,
printing and all the other costs). This is good for the sponsor
(donations are tax-free in our country), for the foundation (they get
recognized by more and more people and companies), and for the LoCo as
well (we'll have a rocking conference with 300-400 visitors this year).

Regards,
Szilveszter