Legal entity - part 2.

Søren Bredlund Caspersen soeren.b.c at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 18:27:31 BST 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Mark Van den Borre <mark at markvdb.be> wrote:
> 2008/6/7 Søren Bredlund Caspersen <soeren.b.c at gmail.com>:
>> Hi again everyone.
>>
>> There seemed to be a bit of interest in the aspect of turning LoCo
>> teams into legal entities. So I would like to keep you all up to date,
>> and invite you to take a look at what the Danish Team is working on.
> [...]
>> Feel free to comment - feedback is more than welcome.
> _Why_ would you introduce this extra complexity? What can you do that
> you can't do without one?

As mentioned on the linked wiki page this is a very common way to
organize here in Denmark. That means that newcomers to the LoCo team
and partners will easily recognise the democratic structure.

The other aspect is the financial/practical one. With limited
economical funds it is more easy to get access to rooms (used for
release / install parties, etc.) when applying as a Forening
(association) than as a individual who happens to belong to a loosely
defined group.

Kind regards
Søren