Can't install 8.04 on my Acer Aspire 5050 5430 why?, Help.

Basil Fitze basilf at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 10 13:23:08 BST 2008

Hello,

I hope someone can help.  I purchased a Acer Aspire 5050 in hope to
delete Vista x32 and in stall Ubuntu 8.04 x64 but to my dismay not
possible.

I have got to the process of installation even to formating the
partitions then when I try to boot into Ubuntu I get this error

Bug: softlockup CPU#1 stuck for 11s! [modprobe:1295]  what?, help!!! :-(

I have installed Windows XP x64 so I can use the laptop, prefer Ubuntu,
please help panic situation here.

Basil