Graphical guidelines for locos - are there any?

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Thu Feb 21 03:40:13 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Urban Anjar <urban.anjar at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Swedish LoCo is rebuilding its site. New forum (phpBB3), New Wiki
> (mediawiki), new portal design,
> probably a news page, maybe blogs and now we wonder how free are we to
> make our own design and what
> rules and guidelines are there for a LoCo.
>
> If we try to make something similar to Ubuntu.com's front page in design,
> how much will it change when
> Hardy is released.

Hi Urban,

I'm the ubuntu.com webmaster. We do not have plans to radically change the
theme for the website, however there will some minor changes coming soon.
I've been working on simplifying the layout and making the drupal theme work
a little better. Most of this will be imperceptable unless you're staring at
the css and markup and it will be well before the release. We typically do
some special artwork for release day. There isn't a final decision on this
yet for Hardy.

Regarding guidelines, all I ask is that there is no confusion when people
come to your site about wither it is an "official" ubuntu website. The
suggested way to do this is to put some mark on the logo or the header of
the page distinguishing the site from the main site. See
http://chi.ubuntu-us.org for an example.

As long as there's no confusion about where the official content lives we
haven't felt a strong need to regulate how similar or different the official
Ubuntu loco team websites are from the main site.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode