New Launchpad plugins for Drupal

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 10 10:36:48 GMT 2008

Hi everyone

Although I am not a loco contact anymore I just wanted to share this
with you. Perhaps you'd want to pass this to anyone working on your LoCo
websites if you use Drupal.

New Launchpad plugins for Drupal
http://news.launchpad.net/cool-new-stuff/new-launchpad-plugins-for-drupal

"Today we’re releasing two modules for Drupal 5.x under the AGPL
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License>:

    * *openid-launchpad <http://drupal.org/project/openid-launchpad>:*
      delegate your Drupal site’s user authentication to Launchpad
    * *openid-teams <http://drupal.org/project/openid-teams>:* assign
      Drupal roles to logged-in users based on their membership of
      specific Launchpad teams.

Using these modules, you can create a Drupal site that makes use of each
person’s participation in your community, as reflected in Launchpad. For
example, if you want to allow only members of a core development team to
post release announcements to your project website all you need do is
create a Drupal role with those permissions and then assign it to the
Launchpad team of your project’s developers."

Have a nice day,

Fabian
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MagicFab