Ubuntu localization questions

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Aug 25 10:03:34 BST 2008

Hi,

În data de Du, 24-08-2008 la 10:32 +0200, Dražen Odobašić a scris:
> Hello,
> I'm not even sure is this 'proper' list to ask. Anyway, I would like to
> ask how do you coordinate localization in your team?
>
> We, in Croatian team, use tools available at Launchpad.net. Also we use
> wiki to keep track of most used translated terms/items in appropriate
> contexts. By using wiki, we try to ensure overall quality of
> translations. Unfortunately upstreaming is a bit difficult, by maybe
> things will improve in the future.

The Romanian team is using Launchpad Translation for translating most
packages from Ubuntu.

I, as the coordinator of Romanian Ubuntu Translation team, keep close
contact with the other important translation teams from Romania (gnome,
mozilla, firefox).

For translating Firefox and OpenOffice we avoid using Launchpad and
translate using the tools used by the Firefox and OpenOffice teams.

I'm also in close contact with the coordinator of Romanian Gnome
translation to make sure the translations from Launchpad are correctly
uploaded upstream.

Maybe it is a good idea if each team coordinator write a post on it's
blog about this subject.

Kind regards,
--
Adi Roiban