Ubuntu Zimbabwe - Questions

Neil Coetzer nit006.5 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:11:36 BST 2008

Hi all,

A few questions that I haven't been able to find definitive answers to
on the wiki.

1. Where face-to-face meetings are concerned, is there somewhere in
particular on the wiki where we could/should post meeting minutes, or
should those just be included in our LoCo wiki pages?

2. We have set up a local repository mirror in liaison with a local ISP.
How would we go about getting zw.archive.ubuntu.com to redirect to our
local repo (archive.ubuntu.org.zw)? Obviously we would like to do this
so that local users do not have to change any other settings once their
location is set to Zimbabwe. I would have imagined there would be some
reference to this on the wiki but perhaps I have just missed it?

3. We have a number of spoken languages in the country, but the team has
collectively decided to keep British English as our default, since
pretty much all computer users here are English speakers. I have noticed
though, that when English (Zimbabwe) is selected, spell check in Open
Office etc. does not seem to work as there is no official language pack
for Zimbabwe. What we would like to do, if at all possible, is to have
British English dictionaries "replicated" for English Zimbabwe, since
they would be the same. I have no idea how to go about this though, so
would appreciate any pointers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Neil