Passing the torch

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 9 23:57:46 BST 2008

Hi all

I am about to "pass the torch" as a loco contact for the Colombian team
to other members.

My plan is to arbitrarily (and based on activity, contibutions and
visibility) choose the new loco contact, but also have 2 other members
with him as a "mini loco council" structure for decisions to be made.
The team has grown to >200 subscribers on an active mailing list
(sometimes 20 messages a day) and I feel it will need more governance
than just a contact and me nagging on the list. :)

Are ther other loco contacts that have gone though this ? What
governance suggestions do you have for my situation ?

I'm open to all suggestions, but I want to keep this simple, very
simple. Even though we may have the most involved membership process of
all LoCos :) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/NewMembersEN

Thanks for any and all comments.

Fabian Rodriguez
Ubuntu-co LoCo Team contact