US Teams Mentoring Project IRC Metting

Joey Stanford joey at canonical.com
Wed Sep 12 20:34:59 BST 2007

I don't normally weigh in any longer given my status change, but I
have an opinion here.

> > #ubuntu-us will be moderated during the meeting, giving voice only to
> > the mentors of the project, a few key LoCo leaders and the person who
> > has a concern.
>
> Are you sure this is strictly necessary? I'm slightly concerned that
> this sort of approach is likely to give the wrong impression about how
> discussion in the Ubuntu community works. Mentors shouldn't have more
> rights than anyone else, they are around to help, rather than to
> govern. I'm pretty sure that you can trust people to behave properly:
> we've had plenty of difficult meetings in other groups, for example
> the Community Council, where it hasn't been necessary to impose formal
> restrictions of this kind.

+1 for not locking down.

The first three topics in the Ubuntu CoC are:

Be considerate
Be respectful
Be collaborative

We're all human beings and therefore equal.

Joey

--
Office: +1-303-800-6609, Skype: happyhacking, IRC: Rinchen