Spam on loco lists

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue May 15 08:05:47 BST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 09:36:25AM +1200, Craig Box wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's getting to the point where I have to moderate ~10 messages a day on the
> (otherwise rather quite) ubuntu-nz list.  They are all spam, showing up as
> posts from unsubscribed people.  Is SpamAssassin run on lists.ubuntu.com?
> Are other people seeing a similar problem?  Should I raise a ticket with the
> sysadmins?

How about getting more people from your LoCo involved as moderators of the
list. That way you can distributue the load a bit more. I appreciate this
does not fix the problem as such, but you could at least lose a little less
hair by doing it.

Seeing how much mail goes into the Ubuntu mailing lists I suspect they'd
need some considerable hardware to scan every mail, or long delays would
result.

Cheers,
Al.