Spam on loco lists

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Mon May 14 23:48:52 BST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007, Joe Terranova wrote:
| The worst is the phishing attempts. Every once in a while a phishing
| one gets approved on one of the lists, and it throws people because it
| shows up in their inbox instead of their spam, since it's from
| lists.ubuntu.com. I've been seeing some legit stuff on ubuntu lists
| get filtered into spam on gmail, and it's probably because
| lists.ubuntu.com is increasing in spam score.
|
| Joe Terranova

Same here with Gmail, it is eating a ton of Ubuntu related emails on me now.
Our spam score is getting ridiculous as well. That is a problem with mailing
lists though. I have heard there is nothing the admins can do, however I am
on lists that are substantially larger and even admin some that are
substantially larger and if we get 10 to 15 bogus emails a week, then it was
a bad week. But for a list as small as Ubuntu Chicago's to get so many, I
find it hard to believe there is nothing else that can be done. I have even
tried messing with the spam filtering in mailman as well according to some
input from various sites to no avail.

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com