Website hosting changes

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Mon May 7 17:07:13 BST 2007

Hello, I just wanted to quickly write and tell you what I'm doing.

Some of you have noticed some delays in responding to website hosting
tasks. For this I apologize profusely. In order to show that my apology
is not empty, I'm instituting some change in order to avoid this in the
future.

The biggest change is that I've started getting some helpers. Right now,
there are two other people who I have talked to about this. They are
Johan, aka johanre from the Swedish team and Nick, aka boredandblogging
from the Ohio US team. (Note that these guys are helping primarily with
the loco webhosting, Henrik, Matthias and the other people with specific
responsibilities are still doing what they've always been doing)

To better facilitate this, I've also created two new Launchpad teams.
One launchpad team is called "loco-hosting" and it is at
https://launchpad.net/~loco-hosting/. Anyone who is helping with or
using the loco-hosting is welcome to join this team. The second team is
"loco-hosting-admin" and is at
https://launchpad.net/~loco-hosting-admin/. This team is just for the
people who will be doing the work. Please don't apply for membership to
this team without talking to me first. This team is for those with a
clear responsibility.

I've also created a project called loco-hosting at
https://launchpad.net/loco-webhosting. This project is where work gets
done.

In order to improve the processes, I'd like to ask everyone to start
filing bugs against the loco-webhosting project rather than support
requests on ubuntu-website. Bugs are easier to work with because they
have clear statuses and can be filtered, sorted and assigned.

I will be moving the existing open requests to the new project today.

On a side note, something I'm planning on doing is using the "code"
feature in launchpad to store loco related code, such as website themes.
Jono and I have created a plan to post the current ubuntu theme material
to the wiki. Before I do this I need to remove some graphics that I'm
not allowed to distribute. Once that's done, I'll post what I have. This
includes a drupal 4.7 theme, a wordpress theme and a plain HTML file. A
wiki theme is in the works.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode