A little story for you

Leo Gomez leo.telsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:33:06 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

It's 4:00 AM and I'm sitting in front of the computer and having some
coffee. Today is a big day, we're going to have a bunch of Ubuntu related
conferences this whole week starting today. I'm going to give four talks at
two different universities and afterwards the whole team is going to have a
two-day long installfest and the next three days (until Saturday) we're
going to have our mega-ultra-super Ubuntu booth at a technological fair.

It's going to be a long and interesting week and I should be excited for all
this but I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty upset... I'm angry, I'm tired and I'm
frustrated.

Why? Well... let me tell you a little story about an approved LoCo Team
getting resources.

1. April 12: As an approved team, we requested CDs from ShipIt.

2. May 18: I wrote to ShipIt two months later... I haven't received any
reply from them so I requested the CDs again and took the opportunity to
change the name of one of the recipients (I was the second one).

3. May 23: I received my first letter from ShipIt: They told me the CDs were
sent a while ago and I should be receiving them soon. (Great news!!!)

4. July 03: More than a month later I wrote to ShipIt (again) asking for our
CDs.

5. July 04: The people at ShipIt wrote back and promised to send me the
tracking number.

6. July 10: A week later, I wrote again and asked them to please send me
tracking number.

7. July 11: ShipIt responded: According to the courier company you refused
the shipment. (?????)

8. July 11: I asked once again for the tracking number and the address or
phone number of the courier company.

9. July 12: Finally!!! I received all the info from ShipIt... I was really
happy... but it didn't last long... the address, phone number and even the
name of the company were wrong.

10. July 13: I wrote once again to ShipIt and requested more information.

11. July 16: ShipIt gave me the name of the company.

12. July 17: I finally managed to track down the company and they promised
to deliver the pack.

13. July 23: After 15 phone calls and two visits to the company they finally
came over to my place with... a piece of paper???? Apparently, the CDs were
held by the customs for an unknown reason. And that was not all... ShipIt
didn't sent it to me as I requested, they sent it to the recipient I
specified them two months later (!!)... The problem? This person is outside
the country right now and isn't coming back for a month or so...

So here I am, three and a half months later, in front of the computer,
having some coffee and with a worthless piece of paper in my hands. But it
could be worse... well... not!!!!  I just received an e-mail from ShipIt...
they sent me the name and phone number of a customer service executive from
the courier company...

I was going to reply to ShipIt and say thank you and inform them about the
situation when I noticed that the name and the number they sent me was from
the company offices in Chile... WTF??? I don't even live near Chile!!! I'm
in Central America for Gods sake!!!

I'm not upset for the inefficiency of ShipIt, what I don't like is the lies
and the fact that I feel that they don't respect us, they ignore us and
minimize us as a team.

By the way, I have similar experiences with our LoCo hosting (still waiting)
if you're interested...

Have a nice day y'all...