Ubuntu LoCo Teams Sub Forum

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 22 16:07:17 GMT 2007

On Mon, January 22, 2007 3:46 pm, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> I agree completely, but some prefer forums to mailing lists and wikis.
> We should expand our online presence and outreach as much as possible.

You're right that some prefer forums to mailing lists. However, a forum is
not a logical alternative to the wiki - all Ubuntu's processes are
documented on the wiki, and the loco processes should be no different.
Don't forget, we're not asking people to edit it, simply to read it; and
if they can't do that then they are unlikely to be a good candidate for
loco contact/leader.

Having said that, if we establish a forum, there's nothing to stop us from
making a sticky with useful links. But the forum should be in sync with
the mailing list, so that loco contacts don't have to read both. Anything
else would be an unacceptable amount of overhead.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF