Catalan LoCo Team

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Jan 2 17:57:22 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 09:38 +0100, Ivà wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> This is my firts mail here, so hello All !
> We want to re-start the Catalan LoCoTeam [1] and reading the LoCo Team
> HowTo [2] I've seen that we need a mailing list and IRC channel, both
> with the cc contry code.
>
> Catalonia isn't a country so we haven't any cc code, but here we usually
> use the 'cat' code [3] (cat from catalonia, not from the friend of the
> 'dog' ;-) ). Is there any problem with that? Or how should we proceed?

We do this for Tamil and Kurdish as well, so that's no problem. The
typical procedure is to use the ISO 639-2 three character language code,
which is 'cat' as you mentioned. (the code list says, "Catalan;
Valencian" which I assume is the correct description for your dialect)

Proceed with what you need to do to get your loco team started.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode