Jono: Localization of Wiki Entries Discussion

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:39:44 GMT 2007

Martin Albisetti wrote:
> I agree with both Melissa and Efrain, when documentation (rules?)
> available on the wiki is only in english, other users get left out,
> subsequently forming their own set of rules (I have this specific
> problem with my LoCo).
>
> I also agree completely that many times this gets translated anyway
> and put on LoCo's websites (we did this with the CoC), and efforts are
> duplicated (so did other spanish speaking LoCo's).
>
> I see this as a win-win situation, keeping in mind that the official
> language in Ubuntu in english, and all LoCo contacts should speak it
> fluently enough.
>
> I'm sorry I missed the meeting, having a bit of trouble keeping up
> with my work schedule.
>

> Martin

Hello guys!

The solution to not duplicate this effort is having all of it in the
language teams (if it exists). For example, for the Spanish
Documentation, we can have it in ubuntu-es, so all the Spanish LoCo
Teams can use it, and of course, all the Spanish people can create,
update, correct... that documentation, and then all of we can benefit of
that work.

Also, doing this, we will have better documentation.

That's just my point of view.

Best regards
Emilio