Loco Team Mentor needed for Ubuntu Women's Project

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Feb 17 01:26:10 GMT 2007

On do, 2007-02-15 at 19:57 -0600, Dave Thacker wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 February 2007 08:13, Melissa Draper wrote:
> > Matthew East wrote:
[...]
> > > How does that work? What's the reasoning behind the Women's Project being
> > > a local community team? Which local community is represented? I rather
> > > hope that the project can be considered a worldwide international project
> > > rather than a local project.
[...]
> > LoCo Teams are based around geography and/or language and/or culture.
> >
> > One could easily argue that the Ubuntu-Women are a culturally based team.
[...]
> +1 for culturally based.

Personally, I think that categorising ubuntu-women under LoCoTeams is
more confusing than anything else.  (I sure would never look on a
"LoCoteam list" to find a group of female Ubuntu-users.)

Of course, we could also rename "LoCoTeams" (Local Community Teams) to
something else that covers more possibilities...

> I'm happy to have a supportive place to point young women interested
> in technology and Ubuntu.

So, and what should we do with middle-aged and elderly women then?  ;-)

--
Jan Claeys