Library Outreach

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 07:04:58 GMT 2007

Our team plan involves bringing a test production machine to the
Library along with our presentation to show what the differences are.
We would highlight how easy it is to get around current software
issues with the demo machine and hopefully accentuate those with the
possibility to expand the functionality of library computers beyond
their current use.

Several members of the Colorado team (including myself) will be
visiting libraries in the next few weeks to ascertain what needs they
have and how Ubuntu can meet them.  I'll be sure to post these to the
list when we have them compiled into a logical fashion.

Cheers,
David Overcash (FunnyLookinHat)

On 2/8/07, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Dan Shufelt <dshufelt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When trying to get a library / business to adopt usage of Ubuntu based
> > distributions have you taken the time to show them what it is?  If not I
> > would be very interested in helping to determine needs and creating
> > either demo or a screen cast movie.
> >
> > I think such materials would greatly improve adoption as potential users
> > could visually see how the OS could work for them.
> >
> > It would also be nice to follow up with libraries that do adopt Ubuntu
> > so we can add references, success stories and technical support contacts
> > to whatever media is developed.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Dan Shufelt
> > Ubuntu- Pacific Northwest Team (PNWTeam)
> > dshufelt at gmail.com
>
> Most of this work is also being done by Canonical. I have cc'ed the
> marketing team. There is a plan afoot to get the case study templates
> out there but I have been a little lax is getting the work done.
>
> Corey

http://www.funnylookinhat.com
AIM: FunnyLookinHat
ICQ: 40145621