Ann: CoLoCo Leadership Change

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:06:22 GMT 2007

Seeing as how my reign of power is under attack I'll step in.  ; )

My view is that CoLoCo will continue to make all decisions as a group,
leaving only tie-breaks in votes and specific meeting times for IRC
meetings and such to be left to my discretion.  At that, I never have
had a problem with people telling me they disagree with my decision on
something, or that a certain meeting time is inconvenient for them or
many other people in the group.

Now it is true that Jono Bacon needs a strong contact with each LoCo
group and that is a primary task of the LoCo leader.  He simply could
not do his job if he had to maintain active contact with every LoCo
member.  That being said, I would still strongly encourage my team
members to attend both the #ubuntu-us and #ubuntu-locoteams meetings
and see what is going on "behind the scenes" (so to speak) for
themselves.  I will make a point, however, to be reporting on the
happenings of these meetings regularly to the team for those who
cannot make it.

The spirit of Ubuntu is community, not monarchy, so I suppose to
follow that would be our best guideline.  : )

Cheers,
David Overcash

On 2/6/07, Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce at gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.funnylookinhat.com